RPC has now adopted the Friar's Pantry at St. Thomas Aquinas Cathedral as its outreach charity. We will be collecting items at each rehearsal that will be used to help the needy not just at Thanksgiving or Christmas, but all choir season long. It's not necessary to give a lot, but if everyone (who is able, of course) gives SOMEthing, we can certainly make a difference.
What can the pantry use?
- Jackets, coats, blankets, and sleeping bags
- (Thanksgiving) Supper items
- (Christmas) Small gifts and candy for the children
- Canned goods
- Dry goods (rice, spaghetti, pasta, beans, popcorn)
- Peanut butter and other high protein items
- Flour, sugar, pancake mix, dry or canned milk
- Coffee, tea, hot chocolate
- Shampoo, conditioner
- Toothpaste, toothbrushes
- Toilet paper
- Tampons, pads
- Diapers, wipes
Kathy asks that you not give her cash; she can direct you to the pantry contact who will accept it. May God repay you many times over for your generosity.