Kathy graciously allowed me to take a photo of her "Absolutely No American R's Allowed" T-shirt that she received on a tour of Spain with other choir directors. She says this was agreed to be the biggest problem in all the choirs represented, so these shirts were made and distributed. The front of the shirt has the R with the line through it and the initials "ANARA." While we're at it, let us lose the Fonzie-esque "ayyyy's" as well.
Some other mentionables from the start of the season:
- Please pray for Sandy Turner, who is recovering from knee replacement surgery; Tim Rhodes' mother, who fell and broke her hip; and Mary Ann, who recently lost her brother.
- Kathy has a standing invitation for anyone from RPC who wants to help sing for the Cathedral's EF High Mass on the first Friday of each month. They generally meet in the choir loft at 5:30 PM. A potluck dinner usually follows. Kathy adds that on Friday, November 4, the Mass for the Dead will be celebrated, which will involve at least one extra rehearsal. See, call, or email her for details. (The entire choir will be singing there for Epiphany on Friday, January 6, 2017.)
- Some of us will be representing RPC at the Cathedral's Ministry Fair on Sunday, October 2 after the 7:30, 9:30, and 11:30 Masses. It will be in the courtyard behind the Cathedral. Pray that we receive some more members.
- Kathy was asked whether holes may be punched in our music. Her reply: No, because it weakens the paper and any new copies we make cost the choir money. Remember not to cut the music or mark it with ink or highlighter; if you absolutely must do that, make a copy for yourself. You can use magazine holders to hold the Propers and other larger pieces of music in the binders; they can only be ordered online. We're not getting iPads for each choir member anytime soon.
- Speaking of binders, Kathy suggests getting a small black three-ring binder (1/2 inch or so) for our Christmas Mass. That way, you won't need to bring anything else that day.
- Welcome to our newest members!