- We had numerous new singers in all parts, as well as a few returnees who had left, for which we are grateful.
- We started and ended the season with Fr. Francisco.
- We all got a workout lugging around the new (and huge) choir version of the St. Michael Hymnal....
- ...but not enough of one, as illnesses of various sorts took their toll on us, Kathy included.
- Snow was a factor in our rehearsals well before winter even began (speaking of which, we are grateful for a snowy/watery winter and spring, and pray another will follow).
- An earthquake struck shortly after our last pre-Christmas rehearsal.
- We had one of our busiest seasons from Christmas to Easter in recent memory.
- We sang for the first time at the invitation of Immaculate Conception outside of the now-defunct Eucharistic and Marian Conference, and for the first time ever at St. Michael's in Stead.
- Nancy filled in playing the Cathedral organ for one of our Masses.
- We surprised Fr. Jacob Carazo by singing "Lo Spiritu del Signore" on the 12th anniversary of his ordination, where it was also sung.
Time now for our thankroll:
- To Kathy, without whom there would be no RPC, period.
- To all the singers in all parts.
- To Jennifer, John, and Nancy for accompanying us at the Cathedral.
- To Fr. Larry Morrison and Lorraine, for giving us places to rehearse.
- To Frs. Jacob Carazo, Philip George, Thomas Babu, and Loy Torrente for allowing us to sing for them and their congregations.
- To our benefactors, known and anonymous.
- To God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; Our Lady, Queen of Peace; and St. Cecelia for blessing our efforts.
Have a wonderful summer, enjoy having Tuesday nights free, and we'll see you this fall! Kathy is very much looking forward to the annual Sacred Music Colloquium in St. Louis which begins tomorrow.