Saturday, February 1, 2014

Probable for Super Sunday


For those of you who aren't football fans, the injury report comes out before each weekend's NFL games. It lists injured players as Probable, Questionable, Doubtful, or Out. The first three give varying amounts of wiggle room as to whether they play. (Then there's the special category of Pizza, reserved for Nevada Wolf Pack alumnus Nate Burleson. It ultimately paid off.)

I list these not only because it's Super Bowl (TM) weekend, but because I know with so many of us RPCers being health challenged over the past several weeks (much to Kathy's consternation), we almost need to issue such reports ourselves. Of course, she should have been at least Doubtful for Christmas, from what I hear. I joked to her that when God takes her to the Heavenly Choir (no time soon, I trust!), she'll have to be resurrected just long enough so she can direct us at her own funeral.

As I am getting over yet another illness, my status for Sunday is Probable. My fellow basses may think I'm Questionable on any given day, but that's another story.

Sort-of-related aside: One of the funniest mixtures of football and classical music is Peter Schickele's commentary on Beethoven's Fifth Symphony as if it were a football game. There's also a later, live version, complete with referee.

(Forgive me this outburst of silliness. Back to more directly RPC-related posts forthwith, I promise.)

No comments:

Post a Comment