Courtesy of winter storm Cleon (whatever), snow is in the forecast for tomorrow (Tuesday, Dec. 3), albeit mostly in the morning. Herewith Kathy's thoughts on the subject:
Conditions vary widely depending upon where you live. It is not uncommon to have several inches of snow at my place in Mogul and for there to be dry conditions or just a dusting of snow in town or elsewhere. Our membership is really spread out: Mogul/Somerset, Panther Valley, Hidden Valley, Washoe Valley, Spanish Springs and everything in between. In addition, there are varying levels of driving skill and ability to safely drive in less than good conditions.By the way, these announcements just in (oh, I'm sorry, just "een") to the RPC Snow Panic Desk:
I really cannot completely cancel rehearsals at this point. There are only three remaining before Christmas. So, you have to make your own call. What I do require is that you let me know if you decide not to come to rehearsal. Don’t be alarmed if I do not answer the phone, especially if you call after 5 PM on Tuesday. . . . Just leave a message.
- Solesmes Monastery, all evening classes cancelled.
- Torculus Middle School, opening two hours late.
- Podatus (lighten up on the) High, opening two hours late.
- Kevin Allen's School of Really Complicated Ordinaries, opening two hours late.
- Oregon Catholic Press, liberal leave policy in effect, and all evening Kumbaya hand-holding group singings cancelled.
- Nuemes On Wheels will not operate, so use your emergency "four-hymn sandwiches."